You’ve found the perfect farewell gift for your colleague. The party plans are in place and everyone is invited (if that’s allowed in Covid times). But what to write on the farewell card? You could jot down a few words and throw in a cliche “inspirational” quote, but doesn’t your colleague deserve better than that? In this post, we’ll provide fresh ideas for what to write on a farewell card. Read on to find the right words for your upcoming farewell.
WHAT TO WRITE ON A FAREWELL CARD: CHOOSE YOUR TONE
Are you writing a serious message to an employer or a silly goodbye to a close friend? Either way, here are some farewell card ideas to get you started.
FAREWELL CARDS FOR A COWORKER/BOSS
- I’ve learned so much working with you these past few years. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.
- Even if you’re no longer my coworker, you’ll continue to be my friend. Best of luck at your new job!
- Working with you was one of the highlights of my time here. I wish you nothing but success in your new position.
- Some people are destined for success and happiness, and it’s clear you’re one of them. I know you’ll go far in life!
FAREWELL CARDS FOR A FRIEND
- Every so often, you meet someone you “click” with instantly. You’re definitely one of those people for me.
- Life is full of grand adventures, and you’re about to embark on a new one. Wishing you all the best!
- We’ll stay close no matter what.
- It’s hard to watch you leave, but I’ll always treasure the memories we’ve made.
- Good luck and best wishes! I’ll miss you!
HUMOROUS FAREWELL CARD IDEAS
- If you think you’re getting rid of me, you’ve made a big mistake. I’ll come and visit you all the time!
- Go ahead! Leave me here alone.
- Your leaving is terrible news! How am I supposed to find someone else as awesome as you?
- I still don’t understand why you’re leaving. Do you really think you’re going to have fun without us?
- Second only to becoming my friend, this move is the best decision you’ve ever made. All the best!
FAMOUS QUOTES FOR FAREWELL CARDS
- “Lead from the back—and let others believe they’re in front.” (Nelson Mandela)
- “Choose a job you love, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” (Confucius)
- “It is only through labour and resolute courage that we move on to better things.” (Theodore Roosevelt)
- “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” (Chris Grosser)
- “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic. It takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” (Colin Powell)